Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. –Colossians 4:6 NIV
When baking, you need a recipe. If you follow the directions properly you get something delicious. Did you know that there’s a recipe for a good life? When we follow the directions, we get a life that’s filled with flavor.
- Begin each day with a heaping cup of thankfulness; be grateful for what you have.
- Choose to have a good attitude before irritations come. Season everything with a tablespoon of grace.
- Focus on what you can give, not get. Empty your bowl continuously.
- Choose to overlook offenses before they happen. Apply mercy generously.
- Choose to be happy. Add four cups of joy daily.
- Don’t complain; nobody wants to listen anyway. Remove all pits and seeds before stirring.
- Pray about everything. Fold in love.
- Fear nothing. Stir vigorously with confidence.
- Look for ways to bless others. Don’t be afraid to throw in some chocolate chips even if the recipe doesn’t call for it.
- Control your tongue. Don’t badmouth something God made to be amazing.
When we begin the day following this recipe. No matter what comes, we will have a great day. Great days add up to a great life. God’s recipe is amazing.
- Don’t look at life from such a big picture. Take one day at a time, for each day has its own troubles—and rewards!
- Pray for wisdom to live life by God’s recipe, not by emotions.