For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. -Ephesians 5:31 NKJV
Evans’ series, Every Great Marriage, discusses the attributes and roles of the husband and wife. The husband is the prophet, priest, and king of the home. As priest, he’s an intercessor, connecting God and man. He is also sacrificially sensitive to his wife’s needs; if she’s not well, then he’s not well and everything matters.
Because they are one flesh, what affects her affects him and vice versa. You might not like or agree with the choices your spouse is making, but just as you would seek God, stand on His promises, and get medical help as needed for a bodily injury, you need to do the same for your treasured husband and your beloved wife.
- Ask God to always help you see your spouse as a treasured gift from Him.
- Pray for health and healing in marriages.
- “Call To Me” - May 31, 2016
- Today We Remember - May 30, 2016
- Stand – Part Two - May 29, 2016