For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
–Romans 8:29 NLT
Black Friday—for many it’s a day of planning and strategizing: ads poured over, maps consulted, Starbucks locations noted, budgets checked and tanks topped off! On the other hand, you might be someone whose traditions say that Black Friday begins your holiday festivities of decorating or baking, planning your time carefully—whether for a cookie exchange or an event your boss’s boss might attend—so that all is completed at just the right time.
The great God of the universe also carefully planned … He noted times and dates and locations, so that all would happen—at just the right time. His plan spanned centuries and millennia, and the birth of His Son sent to be God-with-us, Jesus, is one of the highlights of His planning. No wonder we celebrate—some for almost a solid month!
As you shop—or plan, or bake, or decorate, or drink that all-important seasonal coffee, tea, or cider—take a moment to stop and bask in the love that planned across the ages for us to be able to meet Jesus—at just the right time.
- Thank God for loving you so much that He planned a way for you to know Him.
- Ask Him to help you remember Him during your most hectic moments this holiday season.
- Come and Worship – Part 3 - December 5, 2022
- Come and Worship – Part 2 - December 4, 2022
- Come and Worship – Part 1 - December 3, 2022