Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. -Matthew 11:28 MSG
Perfectionism is a cruel taskmaster. It’s rooted in performance when we believe the lie that being perfect will somehow make us more acceptable. However, the lie of perfection will never provide the sense of significance we crave and therefore it’s a vicious cycle.
Some of us have even tried to be perfect for God and for our church, but this is not God’s way of doing things. Father God is not cruel and harsh, nor is He looking for perfection. He is looking for relationship. He wants to take the chains off of our minds and set us free from the lie of perfection so that we can rest and experience a dynamic relationship with Him.
The Bible makes it clear that not only does God loves us, but He is able and willing to forgive us even when we are at our worst. When we accept and personalize this powerful truth it opens the pathway to experiencing the life, hope and peace we so desperately need.
We will never be perfect enough for God to love us. He loves us just as we are, so don’t believe the lie that says you have to wait until that day when you are good enough – today is that day! You are accepted by Him and He is pleased with you.
- Ask God to dismantle perfectionistic thinking and help you to be forgiving and accepting of yourself and others.
- Pray for God’s love and power to set you free from perfectionism so you can rest and experience relationship with Him.
- Embracing What God is Doing | Saturday | June 15 - June 15, 2019
- Your Mary Miracle - December 10, 2017
- Hope for Your Future - June 12, 2017