He sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God; and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosper.
–2 Chronicles 26:5 NKJV
Today’s scripture lays out three distinct movements to seeking God and positioning yourself to thrive in His favor.
- The first undertaking is yours: Seek God. Pursue Him first. Look for His vision. Try to find Him continually.
- Learn from those who have gone before you, avoiding others’ missteps. In your relationships, you can be advised and instantly increase your perspective and gain pain-free wisdom.
- Act upon the words in the second part of the verse: as long as he sought the Lord. Your blessings from God are in direct correlation with seeking Him. Going after God is a noble journey, and the paradigm of His prosperity in your life is revealed in your daily steps.
Today, praise God for His prosperity in your life, and thank Him for being your God. As you place yourself before Him, bask in the warmth of His life-giving light.
- Ask the Lord to help you to seek Him first and to see His vision for your life.
- Ask Him for wisdom gained through community, bringing people into your life who impart godly wisdom and influence your steps.