Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6 NLT
Prayer leads to three things – future blessings and favor, confidence that nothing will shake you, and deliverance from strongholds.
Here’s a “handful” of prayers you can pray.
- Your thumb is nearest to you. Begin by praying for those closest to you – your family and friends. They are the ones you hold closest to your heart.
- The next finger is your index/pointer finger. Pray for preachers, ministers and teachers. They are in positions to mold, shape and influence people’s lives.
- The middle finger, which is the tallest finger, should remind you to pray for our leaders, government and administrators.
- Fourth is the ring finger, which is the weakest finger. This represents those who are weak, sick or poor. They require abundant prayer.
- Last is the pinky finger, the smallest finger of all. Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. After you have prayed on behalf of others, you will have a more realistic view of your own prayer needs.
- Finally is the palm of your hand, which represents the harvest of the world.
- Thank God for never being too busy to listen to your prayers.
- Thank God that you can rest assure that He is in control and is taking care of your handful of prayers.
Latest posts by Torie Yoder (see all)
- Believe in the Face of Doubt - August 22, 2022
- Make Your Weakness a Legacy - July 18, 2022
- God’s Goodness - September 30, 2021